Text Box: El Dorado County

El Dorado County Surveyor

360 Fair Lane - Bldg B

Placerville, CA 95667

Email: surveyor@edcgov.us




Contact Information:

Placerville: 530-621-5440

S. L. T.: 530-573-7955 Ext. 5440

El Dorado Hills: 916-358-3555 Ext. 5440

Fax: 530-626-8731

County Assessor

Principal Office Location

The Land Survey program checks maps and documents for compliance with federal, state and local laws. The maps and documents are prepared by Professional Land Surveyors and Civil Engineers. The maps and documents come from many sources, such as private landowners, subdividers, local, state and federal agencies. We review Subdivision and Parcel Maps, Record of Surveys, Corner Records, Lot Line Adjustments, Property Merges and boundary exhibit maps and documents for local jurisdictions including school, fire, utility and community service districts.


In addition, as authorized by the Board of Supervisors, the County Surveyor surveys only those lands owned by the County of El Dorado. Although the County Surveyor is not in the business of surveying privately held lands, we are here to try and answer any question the public may have regarding land surveying. So feel free to give us a call if you should have a surveying concern or question.


On privately owned property a private licensed surveyor or engineer is required to survey your boundary, set missing corners, divide property, record maps, establish setbacks from property lines or easements, conduct topographic or construction surveys and to write property or easement descriptions. If you are looking for a private surveyor or engineer, they may be found in the yellow pages under surveyor or engineer.  For further information and resources, check out our links page.


The Addressing program is responsible for assigning addresses to provide a uniform numbering system to protect the health, safety and welfare of those who live and work in the county. Such a system enhances the ability of emergency vehicles to respond rapidly to calls, provide for an orderly election process, expedite postal and other delivery services and eliminates confusion and error in locating businesses and residences.  For more information, please go to our frequently asked questions section for addressing.


At the request of a property owner, the Certificate of Compliance program will determine, process, issue and record documents known as certificates of compliance. This document states that your parcel of land is in compliance with the Subdivision Map Act and local ordinance and that you may sell, lease, or finance your land.  If you need further help, please contact us at  530-621-5159  530-621-5159 or surveyor@edcgov.us.

The Geographic Information Systems program is responsible for developing, managing and delivering a wide variety of maps and data to the general public. From tabular data sets we create maps and create tabular data sets from maps. Many members of the public do not know this resource exists. If you are interested in maps or data, please contact the GIS Manager at  (530) 621-6511  (530) 621-6511 or visit our map library.


Copyright 2012 www.tiepoints.com

All rights reserved.